Last updated: November 14, 2019
Welcome to MedicalMarijuanaEdu.com, CannaCommunity.us, and related sub-domains (together, the “Site”), provided by John Jack Digital Solutions LLC., and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent company and other related companies, including Center for Complimentary Medicine, (“Us”, “We”, or MME). This MME Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes the information we collect, use, and disclose about you when you use the Site, and related services (together, the “Services”) and how we use, process, and disclose that information. We may supplement this Notice with other notices. This Notice applies to Services that display or reference this Notice, but it does not apply to any services that display or reference a different privacy statement.
Information We Collect from You Through Your Use of the Services
information we collect depends on how you interact with us, the Services you
use, and the choices you make.
We collect information about you from different sources and in various ways when you use our Services, including information you provide directly, information collected automatically, third-party data sources, and information we infer or generate from other data.
Provided By You Directly.
You may provide us with additional information by filling in forms on the Services or by corresponding with us by phone, text, email, live chat, or otherwise. When you create an account, we may collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information such as your email address and phone number;
- Demographics information such as your gender and location;
- Any other information that you provide us, such as reviews, content, and bio.
Information Collected Automatically.
We automatically collect information about how you use our Services, for example, pages you have viewed and actions you take. We also collect certain technical information about your device including your Internet protocol address, your browser type, language and identifying information, your operating system and application version, device types, device model and manufacturer, device identifiers, your device operating system type and version, the website you visited before our site, and your activity on our websites. Depending on your device and app settings, we collect geolocation data when you use our apps or online services. As further described in the Cookies and Similar Technologies section below, our Services store and retrieve data using cookies set on your device.
Cookies and Similar Technologies.
Our web pages may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, count users who have visited those websites, and gather usage and performance data. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
We also use tracking technologies for data analytics purposes, including from Google Analytics. You can find more information on how Google uses data from these cookies at google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
You may consult your web browser to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features of our Services.
Social Network Services: If you create an account using, or otherwise connect your account to, a social networking services account (e.g. Twitter or Facebook), we may also collect information provided to us by such social networking service including for example your: name; email address; birthday; geographic location; interests; profile picture; gender; networks; user ID; list of friends; and any information you have made public on such social networking account.
Information obtained from third-party sources.
We also obtain information from third parties. We protect information obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the information. These third-party sources include, for example:
- Data brokers from which we obtain demographic data to supplement the data we collect;
- Applications and services, such as social networks, that make users’ information available to others;
- Service providers that help us determine your device’s location based on its IP address to customize certain products to your location;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and
- Publicly available sources, such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
Information created or generated.
We infer new information from other data we collect, including using automated means to generate information about your likely preferences or other characteristics. For example, we infer your city, state, and country location based on your IP address.
When you are asked to provide information, you may decline. And you may use app or device controls to prevent certain types of automatic data collection. But if you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for certain products or features, those products or features may not be available or function correctly.
Your Sharing of Your Information
The MME Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, profile, and information publicly or with other people. You may control some of the categories of personal information shared via your profile from the account settings menu on the Site. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others.
How MME Uses Your Information
We use the information we collect for purposes described in this privacy statement or otherwise disclosed to you. For example, MME generally uses your information to:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your account on the Services;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide, personalize, and improve the Services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our products;
- Communicate with you about your use of the Services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Develop new products and services,
- Customize the advertising you view and recommend content;
- Fulfill your requests and provide customer support;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and promotional materials related to the Services and for other marketing purposes related to us or our selected partners;
- Protect, investigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- Secure our systems;
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users; and
- As otherwise described in this Privacy Notice or in notices we provided to you.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different sources to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience.
We may also use your information to verify your geographic location. We may use your geographic location data to personalize our Service, to recommend content, determine whether the information you have requested is available in your location. If Information is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, MME may use it for any business purpose.
How MME Discloses Your Information
We may share your information as follows:
- We may share your personal information with your consent or at your direction or as otherwise as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the Services you have requested or authorized.
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates, who may share common data systems and process information as needed to provide the Services and operate our business.
- We may also share your personal information with others who perform services on our behalf.
- We may share your information with third-party service providers to fulfill your requests, including product reservation requests.
- We may disclose your information if we believe we are required to do so by law, or to comply with a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant.
- We also may disclose your information if we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or to protect MME and our Services; or any rights, property, or personal safety of MME or others, including as we believe is necessary to enforce our agreements, terms, and policies.
- In the event that MME is or may be acquired by or merged with another company or involved in any other business deal (or negotiation of a business deal), including a financing, transfer, or divestiture, involving sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets, we may transfer or assign your information as part of or in connection with the transaction. Finally, in the event of insolvency, dissolution, bankruptcy, or receivership, information may be transferred as a business asset.
We may also share aggregated and anonymized data with our partners, advertisers, and other third parties as authorized by law.
Please note that some of our products include references or links to products provided by third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide information to any of those third parties, or consent to our sharing information with them, that information is governed by their privacy statements.
MME is built on the GoDaddy’s hosting platform and utilizes GoDaddy for its data storage and transfer services. Details on GoDaddy’s security certifications and procedures may be found here. In addition to use of certain security tools made available by GoDaddy, MME takes reasonable and appropriate steps to help protect your Information against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, or disclosure. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. To help protect yourself and your information, choose a unique password for our Services and do not use a password on our Services that you would use on any other website or online service.
Location of Personal Data
The information we collect may be stored and processed in your country or region, or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. Currently, we primarily use data centers in the United States where our servers are located. We have chosen this location to operate efficiently and improve performance. That information may then be transferred within the United States or back out of the United States to other countries outside of your country of residence, depending on the type of information and how it is stored by us. These countries (including the United States) may not necessarily have the data protection laws as comprehensive or protective as those in your country of residence; however we take steps designed to ensure that the information we collect under this statement is processed according to the provisions of this Notice and applicable law wherever the information is located.
Retention of Information
We retain information for as long as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate and lawful business purposes. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the data, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.
Access, correction, and deletion.
If you wish to request access to, or correction or deletion of, information about you that we hold, please email email@example.com
If you cannot access certain information we have via the links above or directly through the Services you use, you can always contact us as described at the bottom of this Notice. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to charge a fee or decline requests that are unreasonable or excessive, where providing the information would be prohibited by law or could adversely affect the privacy or other rights of another person, or where we are unable to authenticate you as the person to whom the information relates.
Preferences. You may opt out of receiving marketing/promotional emails from MME by following the instructions in those emails or by reviewing the settings in your account. You may opt out of marketing/promotional emails by updating your settings in your MME account. If you opt out of receiving marketing/promotional emails and/or text messages, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies and Tracking.
Many third-party tracking companies are also members of associations, which provide a simple way to opt out of analytics and ad targeting, which you can access at:
- United States: NAI (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.aspx) and DAA (http://www.abouads.info/choices/)
- Canada: Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (https://youradchoices.ca/)
- Europe: European Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/)
Mobile advertising ID controls.
Apple and Android mobile devices each generate an advertising identifier that can be accessed by apps and used by advertisers in much the same way that cookies are used on websites. Each operating system provides options to limit tracking and/or reset the advertising ID.
You may decline to share certain data with MME, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some of the features and functionality of the Site or Service. You may have the right to know what personal information MME has about you and to correct any inaccuracies. Please direct any such requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by one of the other means listed below.
Your EU Privacy Rights
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If any automated processing of personal data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of the personal data in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
To make such request, contact us at the contact information set forth below. When we are processing data on behalf of another party that is the “data controller,” you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.
We rely on different lawful bases for collecting and processing personal data about you, for example, with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may revise this Notice to reflect changes in our Services, how we use information, or applicable law. To help you stay current of any changes, we note the date the Privacy Notice was last updated above. If we make material changes to the Notice, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such changes as may be required by law.
MME Contact Information
Please contact MME with any questions, concerns, or comments about this Notice, your information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices:
Jack Digital Solutions LLC.
PO Box 2730
Stuart FL, 34996